Wizard Animation

Monday, August 6, 2007

Thing 23 Summary of Program

My favorite things about this program involved being creative, creating an avatar, adding pictures, creating a list of books on Library Thing, even just adding my thoughts to the blog. This program assisted my lifelong learning goals by giving me new tools for additional information gathering. I feel like my brain is swollen with all of these new possibilities. I guess I wasn't surprised at how long it took to investigate these tools, but what does surprise me is how much time people must spend on the computer in order to take advantage of them all on a regular basis. No wonder our society is having a problem with obesity. I definitely was feeling some eyestrain through it all too! I loved the whole concept of this program, but I definitely felt a little discouraged back there in weeks 4 and 5. Maybe another week needs to be added to get through some of those things. It seemed like too many different things in one week. I picked up some steam again towards the end. If we had another discovery program, I would definitely join in again. If I had to describe the experience, I would say that it was like having new ramps or bridges open up on my personal information highway. But maybe that's just because bridges have been in the news alot lately!

1 comment:

A Library Bee said...

After reading your comment about how slow I am, Rosanne and I checked out your blog... WOW!! You are so far ahead of me. I am lost. Your blog is great! We loved your wizard - we are so jealoouse we added squirrels to my blog.