Wizard Animation

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Thing 19 Web 2.0 awardwinners

Craigslist is a classifieds directory. I had heard my son speak about it in connection with trying to find or sell furniture for an apartment and also finding an apartment in DC. While in Chicago he was able to find apartment listings across the country. I didn't realize that there were also many job listings and this might be an additional source to recommend to patrons. It can also be an alternative to selling items on E-bay but is different in that you need to assign a price like a paper classified ad. I didn't like that initially I had difficulty figuring out what other cities Craigslist covers, but if finally discovered that clicking on the Craigslist name sent me to that list. The DC Craigslist also covers MD and NVA. I noticed some other award winners that I have looked at before. Did you know that if you put a site in Google Maps that is across the ocean from your starting point, it directs you to swim across the ocean? Now thats an app with a sense of humor!

No comments: