Wizard Animation

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Thing 16 Wikis

I loved SJCPL's Subject Guides Wiki and Book Lovers Wiki. I've already seen a couple of books I want to add to my reading list based on a quick perusal. I'd love to see a link on our website to a community wiki on Frederick County with information on restaurants and especially a home repair section with review of different companies who provide those services. Now that would be helpful! Would their be a legal problem if you said something bad about a company? I saw that the Library 2.0 wiki has had problems with spammers. I think this is the biggest potential probem with wikis--you would need to monitor them every day. I think a wiki connected with our intranet would be a great thing for developing joint programs. I have a link on the discussion board now for contest rules that I'm developing and I've asked for input on. A wiki might make that a little less awkward.

No comments: