Wizard Animation

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Thing 15 Web and Library 2.0

I was really impressed with Wesch's You Tube Video on Web 2.0. In Dr. Schultz's article, "To a temporay place in time...," I loved the idea of the library as a "knowledge spa." I'm really going to have to remember that one, it makes the library sound so enticing! I was also amazed at the offerings of the schools in Bishop's article, "A ripple effect," including a cyber cafe. I thought the idea of the school lunch card = library card was a great idea. We are all starting to carry so many cards with barcodes. You need a separate keychain to hold them! As to what Library 2.0 means to me, I feel that it is harnessing new technology and new resources to help our patrons and ourselves. That's why I'm taking this course which has been eye-opening for me!

No comments: